Founded by brothers Jonathan and Alex Petrides in 2017, allplants makes plant-based living exciting and easy, delivering mouthwatering, healthier food to busy homes UK-wide. The science is irrefutable. Eating more plants is the #1 way to help yourself and our planet thrive. That’s why, at allplants we’ve started by helping the rapidly emergent plant curious consumer, by making eating more plants a supremely positive and exciting choice: a fiesta of flavour, not a fast.
Since launching in 2017, allplants is already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe having served up >4 million meals to UK homes who subscribe for feel-good, healthier living. This track-record has resulted in a record-breaking Series B raise in Summer 2021.
The plans for 2022 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing the product range to serve a growing community, scaling our teams, expanding the production space in Blackhorse Road (The Greenhouse), as well as open a new office in Angel (The Veg Patch). The allplants team is ready to scale their inclusive celebration of food to the next level and is looking for talent like you to join its journey.
We are looking for someone excited to dive into all aspects of Financial information. You will support the Finance Manager with the coordination and compilation of both the management and statutory accounts. You are motivated by process improvement and like to think big picture, but are unafraid to delve into the details to maintain robust and reliable financial records.
This a 6 month fixed term position with a view to become permanent. The salary for this role is based on our internal framework and is £40,000 to £50,000 (pro rata), depending on experience.
What you'll be doing
- Embrace the use of technology to deliver management information, including partnering with our BI and Data teams to integrate NetSuite (our accounting system) with other key business information tools
- Maintain awareness of, and act on, the accounting impact of wider business decisions, and support on implementing required process changes, both inside and outside NetSuite. This could be setting up new Geographies, Business Units or Sales Channels
- Ownership of balance sheet reporting. Experience with inventory reconciliations is advantageous.
- Ownership of Cost of Goods Sold reporting.
- Work on reporting process improvements to increase efficiency within the team and enable quicker reporting
- Review of the general ledgers, identifying abnormal trends and anomalies, and investigating their source
- Support with the preparation of statutory financial statements, regulatory reporting, R&D tax claims, and ad hoc accounting queries
- Support and coach our current Junior Management Accountant on best practice management accounting.
What you'll need
- Previous years experience in a Management Accounting (or similar) role
- Fully Qualified, or close to qualifying, Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Ability to demonstrate ownership over significant areas of work
- A proactive approach; you should be motivated to take the initiative to make improvements
- Adaptable; our processes are in their infancy
- An open mind, enthusiasm and a team player attitude
- An open mind, enthusiasm and a team player attitude Experience using NetSuite would be an advantage
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience with data visualisation tools (Looker, Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience in Startup / Food / Retail
*There's quite a bit on this list. If you feel you have some of the experience but not all of it, please do still apply. We love developing our team 💪
What we offer
🌍 Be part of a certified B-Corp, dedicated to using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
🏖 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🎂 Birthdays off
🧠 Mental Health cover
🧘♀️ Health & Well-being cover
📚 Yearly learning allowance
💻 Hybrid working model
🕰 Flexible working hours
💪 Gym discounts
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🍼 Parental leave: 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver & 8 weeks for secondary caregiver
💔 Pregnancy loss support leave
🚀 Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company
💰 Competitive salary and stock options from day one
🥗 Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
🌱 A free monthly delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking
🐶 A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
🕺 Regular socials. We love a good party.
✨ Chance to join one of Escape The City’s best companies to work for & Startups' #7 in most disruptive and innovative startup✌️
At allplants diversity is about embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together, in terms of our business but also our culture. We fully embrace diversity by giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, and proactively support the growth and development of our team members, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity or family structure.
Click here to access our Privacy Notice.