Founded by brothers Jonathan and Alex Petrides in 2017, allplants makes plant-based living exciting and easy, delivering mouthwatering, healthier food to busy homes UK-wide. The science is irrefutable. Eating more plants is the #1 way to help yourself and our planet thrive. That’s why, at allplants we’ve started by helping the rapidly emergent plant curious consumer, by making eating more plants a supremely positive and exciting choice: a fiesta of flavour, not a fast.
Since launching in 2017, allplants is already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe having served up >4 million meals to UK homes who subscribe for feel-good, healthier living. This track-record has resulted in a record-breaking Series B raise in Summer 2021.
The plans for 2022 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing the product range to serve a growing community, scaling our teams, expanding the production space in Blackhorse Road (The Greenhouse), as well as open a new office in Angel (The Veg Patch). The allplants team is ready to scale their inclusive celebration of food to the next level and is looking for talent like you to join its journey.
The People Partner role is pivotal in making allplants an exceptional place to work. Partnering with our growing Food & Manufacturing area of the business with roughly 80 people, as well as our HQ team of around 70, you’ll have the behavioural flexibility to influence senior stakeholders and support all levels, upholding best people practices, legal requirements, and creating engagement with our internal processes and initiatives.
This is a truly pivotal role, with responsibility across all the different aspects of our people's experience.
Working in a small team of four, reporting directly to our Head of People, you will work with autonomy and partner closely with managers and senior leaders
The salary for this role is based on our internal framework and is £35,000 to £45,000 (pro rata), depending on experience
What you'll be doing
- Acting as a trusted advisor and business partnering with leaders to develop and engage their teams
- Acting as the go to person for all things people, including: some production hiring, onboarding, offboarding; skills mapping; performance; ER cases & employment law; organisational design; succession planning, etc
- Supporting managers dealing with absence, performance and misconduct issues
- Partnering with our leaders to design, implement and communciate effective processes that are up to date, legally compliant and deliver a positive impact; ensuring they are followed and well documented
- Encouraging a culture of continuous feedback and a people-first mindset
- Supporting performance management, promotion and reward processes
- Working with the wider People & Talent team on company-wide initiatives and people projects
What you'll need
- High comfort level in ever changing environments, with a track record of People Partnering in a fast paced start up or scale up (+ experience in manufacturing/food production would be an added bonus)
- Strong appreciation for, and experience in building trusted advisor relationships within the business; with leaders and managers at all levels from varied backgrounds and demographics
- A genuine passion for putting people first, even when it's unpopular or uncomfortable from both a business or individual perspective
- The flexibility to context switch between various projects simultaneously and to manage conflicting priorities with different stakeholders
- A curious mindset; always seeking improvement, whether that's to do with optimising processes, or fuelling personal growth
- Great communication skills, with the ability to partner with people at all levels and advise them on different topics and challenges
- Passion for our brand and mission to inspire the planet to eat more plants, creating a better world for people and planet
*There's quite a bit on this list. If you feel you have some of the experience but not all of it, please do still apply. We love developing our team 💪
What we offer
🌍 Be part of a certified B-Corp, dedicated to using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
🏖 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🎂 Birthdays off
🧠 Mental Health cover
🧘♀️ Health & Well-being cover
📚 Yearly learning allowance
💻 Hybrid working model
🕰 Flexible working hours
💪 Gym discounts
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🍼 Parental leave: 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver & 8 weeks for secondary caregiver
💔 Pregnancy loss support leave
🚀 Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company
🥗 Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
🌱 A free monthly delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking
🐶 A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
🕺 Regular socials. We love a good party.
✨ Chance to join one of Escape The City’s best companies to work for & Startups' #7 in most disruptive and innovative startup✌️
At allplants diversity is about embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together, in terms of our business but also our culture. We fully embrace diversity by giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, and proactively support the growth and development of our team members, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity or family structure.
Click here to access our Privacy Notice.