Founded by brothers Jonathan and Alex Petrides in 2017, allplants makes plant-based living exciting and easy, delivering mouthwatering, healthier food to busy homes UK-wide. The science is irrefutable. Eating more plants is the #1 way to help yourself and our planet thrive. That’s why, at allplants we’ve started by helping the rapidly emergent plant curious consumer, by making eating more plants a supremely positive and exciting choice: a fiesta of flavour, not a fast.
Since launching in 2017, allplants is already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe having served up >4 million meals to UK homes who subscribe for feel-good, healthier living. This track-record has resulted in a record-breaking Series B raise in Summer 2021.
The plans for 2022 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing the product range to serve a growing community, scaling our teams, expanding the production space in Blackhorse Road (The Greenhouse), as well as open a new office in Angel (The Veg Patch). The allplants team is ready to scale their inclusive celebration of food to the next level and is looking for talent like you to join its journey.
Working at the heart of our Logistics Operations team, you will work closely with our Operations Manager to ensure we deliver outstanding customer experiences with your hands deep into everything we do across warehousing, delivery and packaging.
You will be responsible for managing and maintaining the key systems and processes that make up the day-to-day running of allplants’ logistics processes and will use data to devise initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
Great attention to detail and problem-solving is required to deal with the fast-paced nature of the business. You will work alongside and learn from experienced operators to fuel your development and provide opportunities for greater responsibility as the business grows.
This role will be primarily based out of London with a split across our HQ office (Angel, N1) and our production kitchen (Blackhorse road, E17) office, with regular travel to our key supplier sites in the midlands.
This is a permanent position. The salary for this role is based on our internal framework and is £26,000 to £31,000, depending on experience
What you'll be doing
- Be the engine room of the logistics team ensuring the day-to-day activities are executed flawlessly, our system integrity is maintained and the supply chain flows
Performing key maintenance duties of operational systems and driving continuous improvement on tools and processes
- Managing stock levels of key supply chain materials to enable a lean, just-in-time fulfilment model
- Building strong relationships with suppliers to ensure timelines and desired costs are maintained across the supply chain
- Procuring packaging and other consumables with a keen focus on reducing costs
- Applying scientific method to the allplants cold-chain to ensure our product remains frozen year round in a ever-changing climate whilst reducing waste and cost
- Work with the finance team to hold our suppliers to account, and avoid any hidden costs or payment irregularities
- Collaborate with the team in high-stakes and time-critical problem solving when curveballs emerge (e.g. how can we get a frozen delivery to Berlin in 48hrs?)
- Providing the Operations team with project support as and when required
What you'll need*
- Prior experience in an operations, logistics or supply chain environment
- You're reliable, driven and a ‘hands-on’ self-starter
- You are always looking for better ways of doing thing to make the most of your time and resources
- You're highly organised and effective at managing your personal schedule
- You have a sharp attention to detail and spot things that others have missed
- You enjoy encountering challenges and know how to diagnose, tackle and solve them effectively
- You have good IT skills with experience of documents and spreadsheet software
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can hold your own in a difficult conversation
- You're a clear and concise communicator in spoken and written formats
- You are hungry for responsibility and relish the chance to learn a lot and stretch yourself in a high-growth Ops-focused start-up role
*There's quite a bit on this list. If you feel you have some of the experience but not all of it, please do still apply. We love developing our team 💪
What we offer
🌍 Be part of a certified B-Corp, dedicated to using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
🏖 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🎂 Birthdays off
🧠 Mental Health cover
🧘♀️ Health & Well-being cover
📚 Yearly learning allowance
💻 Hybrid working model
🕰 Flexible working hours
💪 Gym discounts
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🍼 Parental leave: 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver & 8 weeks for secondary caregiver
💔 Pregnancy loss support leave
🚀 Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company
💰 Competitive salary and stock options from day one
🥗 Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
🌱 A free monthly delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking
🐶 A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
🕺 Regular socials. We love a good party.
✨ Chance to join one of Escape The City’s best companies to work for & Startups' #7 in most disruptive and innovative startup✌️
At allplants diversity is about embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together, in terms of our business but also our culture. We fully embrace diversity by giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, and proactively support the growth and development of our team members, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity or family structure.
Click here to access our Privacy Notice.